A caregiver is a person who protects and improves the lives of cats! You are on the front lines, devoting time and energy to care for stray and feral cats by responsibly providing food, water, shelter, and ongoing care. You likely have participated in a Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) program: trapping and bringing cats to veterinarians to be spayed or neutered, vaccinated, eartipped and then returning them to their outdoor home. You make sure cats are safe and healthy and make your community a better place!
Alley Cat Allies empowers caregivers to protect cats’ lives. We have the information, advice, and resources you may need to help you care for cats.
- Community Cat Care – Get all the best practices and tips for caring for outdoor cats: from what and when to feed cats to how to help neighbors and cats peacefully coexist.
- How to Conduct Trap-Neuter-Return – A big part of caring for cats outdoors is making sure they are spayed or neutered. Our information on Trap-Neuter-Return will take you through the process, step-by-step.
- Financial Tips for Cat Care – Millions of people selflessly care for unowned, community cats. Our financial tips offer ideas on how to pay for community cat care.
- Get Help – Find advice about cats online, anytime through our interactive form, or request a list of Feral Friends Network members in your area for TNR experts, spay/neuter clinics, feral-friend veterinarians and more.
- Webinar: Helping Cats in Your Community – Need an overview? Watch or attend our webinar about community cats and the basics of Trap-Neuter-Return.
- Sign the pledge: Support Community Cat Caregivers – The efforts of community cat caregivers should be celebrated, but all too often they are punished. Sign the pledge to show your support for the compassionate work of cat caregivers.
- Educate Your Community – Get the materials you need to engage neighbors and community members. Talk to them about cats and the work you are doing to save lives.
- Become an Advocate – If you care for cats outdoors, make sure they’re protected! Learn how to advocate for humane policies in your community.
- Find events happening near you – Check out our online calendar of events to see what’s happening near you and worldwide, including conferences, workshops, special events and more!
- Join our Feral Friends Network – Are you the local community cat expert where you live? We want you in our Feral Friends Network! Help even more cats by offering advice & other assistance–and get a lot of great benefits from Alley Cat Allies.
Learn About Our Work
- Community Change – We’ve worked with communities across the country and around the world adopt humane policies that protect cats.
- Trap-Neuter-Return – We’re the leading experts on Trap-Neuter-Return, the humane and effective approach to outdoor cat populations.