Alley Cat Allies, headquartered in Bethesda, Md., is the leader of the global movement to protect and improve cats’ lives. Through our cutting-edge programs and fearless advocacy, we champion the humane treatment of all cats and kittens. We work toward a world where every cat is valued and protected and every community and shelter has policies and programs to defend them.
Founded in 1990, today Alley Cat Allies has grown into a powerful force with over 1 million supporters. Together, the organization has helped and inspired countless individuals, communities, and other organizations save and improve the lives of millions of cats and kittens worldwide. Alley Cat Allies works with lawmakers, animal shelters, and the public to change attitudes and advance lifesaving policies that best serve the interests of cats.
For Media Inquiries
Contact [email protected] or by phone at 240-482-2597, or 240-482-1980
Stay in the Loop
Recent Press Releases
- Cold Weather Care for Community Cats – Alley Cat Allies Releases Best Practices December 19, 2023
- Alley Cat Allies to Provide Food, Vaccines, and TNR in Des Moines, Iowa November 7, 2023
- Alley Cat Allies Distributes Tons of Cat Food in Des Moines October 24, 2023
- On October 16 – Global Cat Day® – Alley Cat Allies Makes a Stand to Prevent Cats from Being Killed on Caribbean Islands October 13, 2023
- Alley Cat Allies Kicks Off Global Cat Day® with Iowa Food Distribution October 11, 2023