From hurricanes and tornadoes to floods and earthquakes, and blizzards and droughts, Alley Cat Allies has expertise to help cat caregivers prepare for natural disasters and their aftermath. We help connect cat owners and community cat caregivers get the information, resources, and support they need in the event of an emergency.
What to Do When Disaster Strikes
Community cat caregivers and cat owners should plan ahead by devising a detailed disaster plan for the cats they care for. While community cats’ home is the outdoors, and they are well adapted to the natural environment with great instincts for dealing with weather emergencies and natural disasters, there are still ways people can help!
- Including Pets in Your Family’s Disaster Plan
- Disaster-Proofing A Community Cat Colony
- Our disaster preparation tips for both indoor and outdoor cats can help with all types of weather-related and natural disaster emergencies.
- Our Feral Friends Network connects community cat caregivers to resources in their area.
- Don’t forget to check out our social networks where we post information on local groups offering disaster support and relief.
- How to Protect Your Family—Including Cats—Ahead of Hurricane Hilary
- Alley Cat Allies Delivers Food, Medical Supplies in Response to Hawaii Wildfires
- Make a Disaster Preparedness Plan TODAY to Protect Cats
- Alley Cat Allies Provides Tornado Relief Funding for Cats in Arkansas
- Saving Cats’ Lives After Devastating Disasters