Opened to rescue, provide lifesaving care, and reunite felines with families after the Camp Fire
The Alley Cat Allies Recovery Center® rescued cats and kittens during and through the aftermath of the 2018 Camp Fire, the deadliest wildfire in California history. Thousands of cats were injured and displaced by the Camp Fire and struggled to survive among the ashes before we stepped in to help.
Our recovery center, operated by local organization FieldHaven Feline Center, brought these cats out of danger. With Alley Cat Allies’ leadership, the center’s staff and volunteers provided lifesaving veterinary care, including microchipping, and worked around the clock to to reunite cats with the families who love them.
- Six Months After Butte County Camp Fire, Hundreds of Cats Rescued (May 7, 2019)
- Dexter’s Ticket Home: The Power of a Single Microchip (March 19, 2019)
- Alley Cat Allies Helps Cats as Wildfires Ravage California (March 1, 2019)
- The True Tales of the Camp Fire Cats (February 13, 2019)
- Alley Cat Allies® Recovery Center for Camp Fire Cats Holds Open House (January 23, 2019)