As an elected official, you have the power to propose, adopt, and implement laws and ordinances that protect cats. America is a nation of cat lovers who want humane policies that improve cats’ lives in their communities. Your constituents look to you to reflect their support of laws that help cats.
Alley Cat Allies can help you stay educated and up-to-date about humane policies for cats, and provide sample ordinance language to get you started.
- Get Informed: Discover the Truth About Community Cats – Don’t be misinformed! Get the facts about community cats.
- Community Cats and the PublicA Healthy Relationship – Community cats are just as healthy as pet cats and don’t pose a public health risk.
- Why Trap-Neuter-Return for Community Cats: The Case for TNR – Trap-Neuter-Return is the humane, effective approach to community cats.
- Trap-Neuter-Return Ordinances and Polices in the United States – Nationwide, more and more communities are embracing the humane and effective approach to community cats. Don’t let your community be the last!
- U.S. Public Opinion on Humane Treatment of Stray Cats – People want humane approaches to community cats.
Learn About Our Work
- Community Change We’ve worked with communities across the country and around the world adopt humane policies that protect cats.
- Trap-Neuter-Return We’re the leading experts on Trap-Neuter-Return, the humane and effective approach to outdoor cat populations.
- Cats and the Law We help local communities pass positive laws for cats and advocate for life-saving legislation at the state level.
- AntiCruelty We seek justice for cats harmed in cruelty cases and support caregivers whose cats have been threatened or intentionally harmed.