The big day is coming! Here are a few facts to help you become a National Feral Cat Day® expert.
- It’s on October 16 every year.
Because, let’s face it, cats rule October. (And that’s when we were incorporated.)
- Every year there’s a new theme, and new gear!
You can pick up this year’s gear in our National Feral Cat Day® shop.
- Alley Cat Allies started National Feral Cat Day® in 2001
That was the 10th anniversary of when Alley Cat Allies was founded, and this is one of the cats to thank for it! Becky Robinson spotted a cat in an alley in Washington, DC’s Adams Morgan neighborhood… and the rest is history.
- Even though it’s National FERAL Cat Day, it’s really about ALL cats
Raising awareness for issues that impact community cats, like life-saving policies for cats in shelters, helps all cats.
- Even though it’s NATIONAL Feral Cat Day, you can take part where ever you are in the world!
Because loving cats knows no boundaries.
- It’s mainstream!
We’ve gotten shout outs on NBC, CBS, and Conan. It was even an answer on Jeopardy! (“I’ll take “greatest cat celebrations for all time” for 800, Alex.”)
- Over a thousand events have been held in honor of National Feral Cat Day®
From bakes sales, to spay/neuter clinics, and beyond! The only limit to the kind of event you can hold for National Feral Cat Day® is your imagination.
- All kinds of different people celebrate…
Little kids, big kids, men, women—the only requirement for participating in National Feral Cat Day® is believing all cats deserve protection.
- …including some familiar faces!
Thanks to our celebrity allies like Jackson Galaxy, who help share the message to protect cats.
- SO MANY cats get helped.
Every National Feral Cat Day® celebration helps educate and raise awareness, which helps all cats!
Join the celebration! Register your event for National Feral Cat Day today.