You love cats. You love your own cat, your neighbor’s cat, and community cats. You might even think it’s not possible for you to #LoveCatsMore. But when it comes to saving cats’ lives, there are ways everyone can #LoveCatsMore.
Millions of perfectly healthy cats and kittens are needlessly killed in shelters every year because of harmful policies made by people who don’t understand cats. Some municipalities catch and kill community cats, or unsocialized cats who live outdoors. But the outdoors is their home. They live and thrive there. Show you #LoveCatsMore and take action to protect all cats.
Six Ways You Can #LoveCatsMore
- Spay and Neuter: Get cats spayed or neutered as soon as they weigh 2 pounds, at about 2 months old. This prevents cats from having litters that end up in animal shelters, where most will die.
- Microchip: Microchips help return lost cats to their homes, whether they live indoors or are part of an outdoor colony.
- Foster and Adopt: If you can bring a cat home to foster or adopt, you’ll be saving a life! If that’s not possible, consider volunteering. Kitten nurseries and cat rescue organizations need volunteers for a variety of tasks, from caregiving to organizing events.
- Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR): TNR is the only humane and effective approach to address community cat populations.
- Educate: Help others understand the benefits of Trap-Neuter-Return, adopting cats, the importance of spaying and neutering, and more.
- Advocate: Protect cats in your community by pressing for humane laws and policies that can help save the lives of countless cats.