With more than 70% of cats entering shelters doomed to be killed there, including virtually 100% of feral cats, change is greatly needed. Alley Cat Allies has the tools to help you advocate on behalf of cats and demand change! Use our research to back your work and use our tools to network and organize.
- Advocacy Toolkit – This toolkit will arm you with the basics in citizen lobbying and prepare you to advocate for humane policies for cats.
- Advocating for Stray and Feral Cats – A Quick Guide
- Transform Your Shelter to Save More Cats – Learn what it will take for the agencies and shelters in your community to implement humane practices that serve the best interest of cats and the public.
- Community Relations Resource Center – Community relations—making yourself available, taking the initiative to communicate, providing first-hand knowledge and expertise on cat behavior, and following through on your promises—can save cats’ lives.
- Organize Your Community for Strategic Change for Cats – Interested in changing your community’s ordinances or policies around TNR? You can campaign and organize to effect change to improve cats’ lives.
- Learn the Issues impacting feral cats
- Use Scientific Evidence to Support Your Work
- Understand Local Ordinances and Government Structures– Knowing and understanding your local laws about cats and TNR—as well as how they impact cats—is a must.
- Work with the Media – Media coverage is one of the best ways to draw attention and support to your feral cat activities. Learn how to control your message.
- Shop – Use our materials to help spread the word about your work.