Veterinarians not only provide healthcare for cats of all ages, but are often the first stop for a caregiver or concerned citizen needing assistance with community cats. The public looks to you for information, advice, and guidance in assuring that cats are healthy and that they can live full, happy lives in their outdoor homes. You are an essential element in Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return for community cats by performing the surgical portion of the program. You put the “NV” in TNVR! You have a powerful voice in the fight to protect and improve cats’ lives. You play a critical role in ensuring all cats are safe and healthy.
Alley Cat Allies stays up to date in the veterinary community and can provide resources about cats tailored just for you.
- Veterinary Resource Center – Community cats require a special veterinary approach that takes into account their unique needs and the fact that they are unsocialized to humans. This resource center is your source for information about community cats, their care, and their needs.
- Video: High-Quality, High-Volume Spay/Neuter Clinic – See a high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter clinic in action.
- Community Cats and the Public: A Healthy Relationship – Community cats are just as healthy as pet cats and don’t pose a public health risk.
- Join Our Feral Friends Network® – Our Feral Friends Network includes individuals and organizations around the world working to help cats. Help even more cats by offering your veterinary expertise with potential new clients–and get a lot of great benefits from Alley Cat Allies.
- Sign the Pledge – Veterinarians: Stand Behind Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return – As a veterinarian, your support of Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return as the humane and effective method of stabilizing community cat populations is critical.
- Plan to Scan® – Microchips save lives. More and more cats are getting microchipped, and that’s great news! Microchip implantation is quick, simple, inexpensive, essentially painless, and virtually stress-free for animals.
- Wait Until 8® – Prepare for Kitten Season by creating kits to care for neonatal kittens–then keep them on hand for when clients bring in kittens!
- Add your clinic event to our events calendar – Promote your clinic’s events–like spay days and vaccination clinics–using our online, interactive calendar.
- Fix by Five – If you support earlier-age spay and neuter, add your practice on the Fix by Five web page to build support for this important movement
Learn About Our Work
- Veterinarian Awareness – We help educate veterinarians expand their feline expertise by providing the latest research, protocols, and thought-leadership about community cats and Trap-Neuter-Return.
- Trap-Neuter-Return – We’re the leading experts on Trap-Neuter-Return, the humane and effective approach to outdoor cat populations.
- Spay/Neuter – We promote spay/neuter practices that work for communities and cats.
- Pediatric Spay/Neuter – We promote pediatric spay and neuter for healthy kittens when they weigh 2 pounds, at about 2 months old. Pediatric spay and neuter is the best way to prevent litters.