The following research is highlighted to help inform you about this particular topic. You can find more information related to this topic here:
- Ji, W., Sarre, S. D., Aitken, N., Hankin, R.K.S., & Clout, M.N. (2001). “Sex-biased dispersal and a density-independent mating system in the Australian brushtail possum, as revealed by minisatelite DNA profiling.” Molecular Ecology, 10, 1527-1537.
- Jones, C. (2012). “Cats: San Jose shelter spays, releases strays.” SFGATE. Retrieved April 28, 2020 from http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Cats-San-Jose-shelter-spays-releases-strays-2437677.php
- Mahlow, J.C., & Slater, M.R. (1996). “Current issues in the control of stray and feral cats.” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 209 (12),2016-2020.
- Tuyttens, F. A., Delahay, R. J., Macdonald, D. W., Cheeseman, C. L., Long, B., & Donnelly, C. A. (2000). “Spatial perturbation caused by a badger (Meles meles) culling operation: implications for the function of territoriality and the control of bovine tuberculosis (Mycobacterium bovis).” Journal of Animal Ecology, 69(5), 815-828. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2656.2000.00437.x)
- Zaunbrecher, K.L., D.V.M., & Smith, R.E., D.V.M., M.P.H. (1993). “Neutering of feral cats as an alternative to eradication programs.” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 203(3), 449-452.