| Community Change
Get the materials you need to protect and improve the lives of cats in your community, all in one convenient bundle!
How to Use These Materials
Here is a list of the materials included in this toolkit, and how you can most effectively use them to help protect and improve the lives of cats where you live:
- Advocacy Toolkit Download PDF
Alley Cat Allies’ Advocacy Toolkit will arm you with the basics in citizen lobbying and prepare you to advocate for humane laws and policies for cats.
- How to Live with Cats in Your Community Download PDF
Perfect for handing out to members of the community, this resource gives information on how people and cats can coexist together, including tips on how to keep cats away from areas where they aren’t welcome using humane deterrents.
- Trap-Neuter-Return for Community Cats: The Basics Download PDF
Hand this resource out to your friends, neighbors, and anyone who needs to know the basics of the Trap-Neuter-Return process and how it benefits cats and people.
- Just the Facts: Community Cats Download PDF
Share this resource with people who will benefit from a quick and easy overview of community cats and their unique needs. This is an ideal way to educate people and raise awareness about community cats.
- Just the Facts: The Vacuum Effect Download PDF
Share this resource to explain the “Vacuum Effect” and why it makes catch and kill approaches ineffective.
- Just the Facts: TNR and Vaccinations Download PDF
This resource explains the benefits of vaccinations, which are an integral part of TNR programs.
Bonus Digital Only Content
- Understanding Your Local Government and Animal Control Download PDF
Learning how your local government and animal control works is an important part of effectively advocating for cats in your community.
- Cats and the Law: Finding and Understanding Your Local Laws Download PDF
Learn how to find and understand the laws that directly, or indirectly, affect cats.
- How to Draft a TNR Ordinance Download PDF
This resource provides guidelines for writing a model TNR ordinance and gives examples. Share this resource with your local decision makers.