You have made it your mission to protect cats’ lives, advocate for their safety, and educate the public, and you’re carrying out this mission by bringing like-minded people together to coordinate efforts as a group. As an organization, you work with individual caregivers, concerned citizens, animal control agencies and shelters, and public officials. You may provide support and resources to care for cats, meet with public officials to advocate for humane policies and laws, partner with shelters to care for community cats, or practice and support Trap-Neuter-Return efforts. Either way, you demonstrate the value of Trap-Neuter-Return and are on the frontlines, saving cats. Plus, you support individual advocates by bringing them together and amplifying their voices. After all, we’re stronger together.
Alley Cat Allies can help you save more cats by providing information, resources, and tools to help you in your mission.
- Start an Organizational Trap-Neuter-Return Program – Trap-Neuter-Return is the humane, effective approach to outdoor cat populations. Learn how you can start a program and make a big difference for cats and the community.
- How to Support Trap-Neuter-Return in Your Community without Doing It All – Want to embrace Trap-Neuter-Return but your organization is short on resources? This guide helps you support Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) in the community without taking on the role of creating and operating the entire program.
- Talking to Your Community About Cats – A guide to support shelter staff and municipal leaders in effectively communicating with members of the community about cats.
- Organizing Your Community for Strategic Change for Cats – Learn how to respond to local crises and organize campaigns to protect cats where you live.
- Start a Trap Depot – A trap depot is a centralized resource that owns multiple humane traps and lends them out exclusively for Trap-Neuter-Return of community cats.
- Fundraising Tips – Build the capacity to help even more cats with our fundraising tips.
- Join Our Feral Friends Network – Share your expertise! We want you in our Feral Friends Network. Help even more cats by offering advice and other assistance–and get a lot of great benefits from Alley Cat Allies.
- Join the Movement to Stop the Killing – Join the revolution to save cats’ lives in our nation’s pound and shelter system.
- Add your organization’s event to our events calendar – Promote your clinic’s events–like adoption promotions and workshops–using our online, interactive calendar.
Learn About Our Work
- Trap-Neuter-Return – We’re the leading experts on Trap-Neuter-Return, the humane and effective approach to outdoor cat populations.
- Feral Friends Network – Our Feral Friends Network is the largest network for cat support in the world.
- National Feral Cat Day – Started in 2001, Alley Cat Allies’ National Feral Cat Day raises awareness about community cats, promotes Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR), and recognizes the millions of compassionate Americans who care for cats.