The Associate Web Producer will assist in the production and management of the organization’s website and digital communications. The Associate Web Producer will provide support in the overall maintenance and ongoing enhancement of the organization’s website, which includes, but is not limited to, adding, editing and removing content from the website as directed. The Associate Web Producer will also be responsible for fielding any technical issues and/or questions internally (from co-workers) and externally (from constituents) in relation to website content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update Alley Cat Allies’ websites to ensure production accuracy and compliance.
- Post and edit new web content and launch new sections.
- Support the visual image of the organization by editing images and ensuring compliance with brand standards and guidelines.
- Ensure consistency of messaging across all identified websites to include recruitment, engagement, and education.
- Keep track of developments in web technology.
- Monitor website’s traffic to measure popularity and create Google Analytics reports.
- Evaluate and advise on all web content including layout and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Evaluate site layout and informational architecture on an ongoing basis and recommend changes to improve user friendliness.
- Tests sites and newsletters on multiple platforms and browsers.
- Build online action alerts, surveys, and emails using the Luminate Online platform.
- Generate accurate reports on action center and email campaigns.
- Serve as back-up for Social Media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, etc.) as needed.
- Take photos and videos as directed.
- Provide organizational support to the Leadership Team. Assist in the preparation of regular and special reports as needed.
- Contribute to effective teamwork and promote cooperation.
- Perform duties in a safe manner that assures the protection of oneself and others.
- Comply with all Federal, State and local safety regulations and laws while conducting work, as well as with Alley Cat Allies’ policies and guidelines.
- Conduct duties in a manner that encourages and supports Alley Cat Allies’ foundation goals.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- All departments to create and modify web content including: website, emails, events, and PDFs.
- Communications and Programs departments for special web projects.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or a minimum of at least 1-3 years combined education, training and experience in Media, Publishing, Social Media, and/or Web Content Creation.
- Working knowledge of web technology and languages including HTML (hand coding), CSS, SEO, web production, and photo editing.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics or other reporting tools.
- Competency of online social media tools including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+ with a willingness to explore new platforms as they surface.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and other website development tools.
- Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of web technologies and development processes.
- Clear understanding of key Internet trends, usability concepts, Search Engine Optimization, and best web practices.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Capability to work effectively, collaboratively, and enthusiastically with others at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative with an attention to detail, consistency, and accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Functionality to work both independently and as a team player.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to articulate and advocate for Alley Cat Allies’ positions on a multitude of issues.
- Capability to communicate clearly and articulately in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Compassion for animals, concern for their welfare, and willingness to accommodate animals in the workplace.
- Possess an open, positive attitude and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment where diversity of opinion is valued and encouraged.
- Experience with CMS and CRM; Raiser’s Edge and Convio Luminate. Knowledge with Salesforce is a plus.
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience with Shopify is a plus.
- Photoshop experience.
- Ability to work in a cat-friendly office environment and engage with cats.
- Knowledge of community cat issues and familiarity with Alley Cat Allies’ mission.
- Must be able to see and read from a computer screen.
- Ability to sit at a work station for long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely via telephone and in writing.
Alley Cat Allies Organizational Expectations
Each employee is expected to consider Alley Cat Allies’ core principles as guidance for their decisions and actions:
- Understand and support the mission of Alley Cat Allies.
- Respect and value those who partner with or request assistance from Alley Cat Allies.
- Manage resources in a manner that maximizes the funds available for charitable activity.
- Appreciate the value of diversity and equal opportunity in all work relationships.
- Respect the contributions of each employee and support colleagues in fulfilling their individual responsibilities.
- Appreciate differences in perspectives and points of view while working collaboratively with colleagues toward shared goals and objectives.
- Commit time to Alley Cat Allies’ activities and conversations that strengthen the organization’s culture and optimize its effectiveness.
Your Cover Letter should include:
- Why do you want to work for Alley Cat Allies?
- How will you add immediate value in this role?
- Describe key competencies that you feel would define your success in this position.
7920 Norfolk Ave, Suite 600
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-2525