Advocating for Cats
Make sure the cats in your community are protected by advocating for humane policies on their behalf. As the global engine of change for cats, we have all the information and resources you’ll need to start advocating for cats in your community:
- Our Advocacy Toolkit will give you the basics on citizen lobbying, prepare you to advocate for humane policies, and fight policies for cats.
- Learn how to find laws that relate to cats.
- Be better informed on how your local government works with our Guide to Local Government.
- Organize Your Community for Strategic Change for Cats and learn how to campaign and organize to effect change to improve cats’ lives.
- Transform your local shelter by asking them to embrace humane policies and programs and save more cats’ lives.
- Get guidelines on how to draft ordinances that help cats.
- Educating others is an important part of being an advocate. Get the materials you need to help you talk to your community about cats.
With this information you’ll be able to fight laws and policies that are bad for cats, and champion laws and policies that are good for cats. Caring for cats is more than feeding cats and conducting Trap-Neuter-Returnit’s being their advocate, too!