The Development Associate maintains records, creates reports, and cultivates relationships with Alley Cat Allies donors. This position prepares routine electronic reports and is an important point of contact for donor inquiries. The Development Associate contributes to the achievement of Alley Cat Allies’ fundraising goals in a fast-paced setting.
- Receiving, recording, and managing gifts
- Maintaining specialized constituent databases
- Composing constituent correspondence
- Preparing reports
- Managing fundraising process and protocols
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one year experience in fundraising or development, preferably in a non-profit, animal centric organization preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to convey information compellingly to a donor audience.
- Detail-oriented with strong commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple shifting priorities and projects.
- Donor-focused approach in both spoken and written interactions.
- Commitment to confidentiality regarding sensitive donor information.
- Involvement in or overall knowledge of animal rescue or animal rights, especially related to the issues facing cats.
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Word, Excel and other software programs.
- Ability to work in a cat-friendly office environment and engage with cats is preferred.
Alley Cat Allies offers competitive salary, medical and dental health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time. To apply, please send resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and applicable writing sample, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alley Cat Allies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.