The Development Associate provides support and expertise for the fundraising and development activities of Alley Cat Allies. The Development Associate works within the Raiser’s Edge database and maintains records, creates reports, generates queries, and provides timely donor information for leadership. The Development Associate contributes to the achievement of Alley Cat Allies’ fundraising goals in a fast-paced setting.
- Process donations and analyzes gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds and appeals.
- Perform donor and prospect research.
- Analyze and process gift batches in Raiser’s Edge and Convio.
- Generate reports and lists for donor communications, events, appeals and campaigns.
- Maintain data integrity, including mailing lists and updating donor media and constituent records.
- Create queries and reports for analysis.
- Assist with fundraising mailings, and help create materials for use in cultivation.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two (2) years of experience in fundraising or development, preferably in a non-profit, animal centric organization.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce, or other Blackbaud database product.
- Proficiency with importing data, building custom queries and reports, and more advanced features of Raiser’s Edge and Convio.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to convey information compellingly to a donor audience.
- Detail-oriented with strong commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple shifting priorities and projects, and perform well under pressure.
- Donor-focused approach in both spoken and written interactions.
- Commitment to confidentiality regarding sensitive donor information.
- Involvement in or overall knowledge of animal rescue or animal rights, especially related to issues facing cats.
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Work, Excel and other software programs.
- Ability to work in a cat-friendly office environment and engage with cats is preferred.
Alley Cat Allies offers competitive salary, medical and dental health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time. To apply, please send resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and applicable writing sample, to email@example.com. Alley Cat Allies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.