Join the movement to protect cats
Sign up for our mailing list and learn how you can help us win the battle against unnecessary killing of cats. Sign up now »
Community Outreach Manager (Position Closed)
The Community Outreach Manager designs and organizes events, workshops and event-related resources to promote Alley Cat Allies to an expanding segment of the public. The Community Outreach Manager researches and recommends participation of Alley Cat Allies in events across the country that will increase the organization’s viability, including opportunities for speaking engagements, as well as developing and promoting workshops and events based on the needs and requirements of the organization and its constituents. Within the Programs Division, this position reports to the Program Director.
- Develop a community outreach and engagement strategy to advance Alley Cat Allies’ mission, goals and objectives.
- Develop project plans for every event, obtaining the necessary information from various sources, internally and externally. Oversee the coordination of event execution from inception to completion, including site-sourcing, budgeting, scheduling, event logistics, pre-event prep, on-site support, and event close-out.
- Serve as a representative of Alley Cat Allies both in communities and at conferences nationwide.
- Speak to individuals and organization about the mission of Alley Cat Allies and develop relationships with those individuals and organizations on behalf of Alley Cat Allies.
- Assist in developing, submitting and implementing plans to enhance and broaden the selection and content of Alley Cat Allies’ offered workshops, based on constituent needs and recommendation from leadership.
- Conduct monthly webinars online on TNR.
- Work closely with management to plan strategies and tactics for signature Alley Cat Allies events and campaigns, including but not limited to National Feral Cat Day and the Veterinary Awareness Campaign.
- Assist in creating and enhancing metrics and feedback mechanisms to evaluate success of events and workshop related activities.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of volunteers for the organization.
- Assist in executing and coordinating volunteer activities, as well as keeping track of applications, services offered and needed, and availability of all activists and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree with events planning or related experience.
- Strong communication skills, especially public speaking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel regularly and willingness to work long hours, including weekends at or near/during event dates.
- Involvement in or overall knowledge of animal rescue or animal rights, especially related to the issues facing cats.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and managing budgets.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects.
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Work, Excel and other software programs.
- Ability to work in a cat-friendly office environment and engage with cats is preferred.
Alley Cat Allies offers competitive salary, medical and dental health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time. To apply, please send resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and applicable writing sample, to email@example.com. Alley Cat Allies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.