Join the movement to protect cats
Sign up for our mailing list and learn how you can help us win the battle against unnecessary killing of cats. Sign up now »
Community Outreach Manager
The Community Outreach Manager designs and organizes events, workshops and event-related resources to promote Alley Cat Allies to an expanding segment of the public. The Manager researches and recommends participation of Alley Cat Allies in events across the country that will increase the organization’s viability, including opportunities for speaking engagements, as well as developing and promoting workshops and events based on the needs and requirements of the organization and its constituents. Within the Programs and Policy Division, this position reports to the Director of Community Programs and Policy, and may have supervisory responsibility for staff and/or volunteers.
- Develop project plans for every event, obtaining the necessary information from various sources, internally and externally. Oversee the coordination of event execution from inception to completion, including site-sourcing, budgeting, scheduling, event logistics, pre-event prep, on-site support, and event close-out.
- Develop, submit and implement plans to enhance and broaden the selection and content of Alley Cat Allies offered workshops, based on constituent needs and recommendation from leadership.
- Speak on behalf of Alley Cat Allies.
- Work closely with management to plan strategies and tactics for signature Alley Cat Allies events and campaigns, including but not limited to National Feral Cat Day and the Veterinary Awareness Campaign.
- Create and enhance metrics and feedback mechanisms to evaluate success of events and workshop related activities.
- Recruit, manage, train, and deploy volunteers for the organization.
- Execute and coordinate volunteer activities, as well as keep track of applications, services offered and needed, and availability of all activists and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree with events planning or related experience.
- Strong communication skills, especially public speaking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel regularly, and willingness to work long hours, including weekends at or near/during event dates.
- Involvement in or overall knowledge of animal rescue or animal rights, especially related to the issues facing cats.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and managing budgets.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects.
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Work, Excel and other software programs.
- Ability to work in a cat-friendly office environment and engage with cats is preferred.
Alley Cat Allies offers competitive salary, medical and dental health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time. To apply, please send resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and applicable writing sample, to email@example.com. Alley Cat Allies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.