Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing the functional areas of human resources operations, including employment, benefits administration, training and development, and employee relations. Within the Administrative Division, this position reports to the Director of Operations and may have supervisory responsibility for direct reports.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for Alley Cat Allies; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, and maintains the employee handbook for compliance and best practices.
- Recruits, screens and evaluates potential applicants for exempt and nonexempt positions. Conducts employment interviews and works closely with hiring managers on selection and job offers.
- Conducts new hire orientations for staff and works with managers to ensure an effective on-boarding process for each new staff member.
- Handles employee relations and performance management issues and provides advice and counsel to management and staff.
- Works closely with benefit broker to administer employee benefits, change reporting, approving invoices, and communicating benefits information to staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, with a minimum of five years generalist experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using sound judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or federal and state laws.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and other government compliance regulations is required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Work, Excel and other software programs.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Ability to work in a cat-friendly office environment and engage with cats is preferred.
How to Apply
Alley Cat Allies offers competitive salary, medical and dental health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time. To apply, please send resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and applicable writing sample, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alley Cat Allies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.