Routing and Response Specialist
The Routing and Response Specialist provides email routing and data entry support to manage incoming public correspondence, and formulates responses to designated general inquiries coming in to the public accounts. Within the Community Programs and Support Division/National Cat Help Desk, this position reports to the National Cat Help Desk Manager.
- Monitor, review and route inquiries coming into key public email boxes to the appropriate departments and staff.
- Identify, route and follow-up with staff on urgent situations that arise.
- Provide timely and personal responses to general inquiries.
- Track articles that come through media monitoring and manage acknowledging communicates who are supporting and/or implementing life-saving programs for cats.
- Provide data entry support for all information and correspondence received in the “Info@” and other public mailboxes.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associate’s Degree or relevant work experience is preferred.
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Work, Excel and other software programs.
- Ability to identify and route urgent situations and superior critical thinking skills.
- Prior experience with data entry and knowledge of databases such as Raiser’s Edge or SalesForce.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to convey information clearly, and assess individual and community needs to response appropriately.
- Knowledge of feral cat issues a plus.
- Ability to work in a cat-friendly office environment and engage with cats is preferred.
Alley Cat Allies offers competitive salary, medical and dental health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time. To apply, please send resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and applicable writing sample, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alley Cat Allies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.