Development Administrative Assistant
Alley Cat Allies is the only national advocacy organization dedicated to the protection and humane treatment of cats.
An engine for social change, Alley Cat Allies was the first organization to introduce and advocate for humane methods of feral cat care, particularly Trap-Neuter-Return, in the American animal protection community. By establishing and promoting standards of care, our organization has brought humane treatment of cats into the national spotlight, now embraced by major cities and animal protection organizations coast to coast.
Today, more than 500,000 supporters look to Alley Cat Allies for leadership in the movement to protect cats’ lives. We promote progressive policies for cats in communities all over America and we work towards a world that values the lives of all animals. Our two decades of experience in grassroots organizing, hands-on activism, and education has empowered policymakers, veterinarians, nonprofit and volunteer groups, activists, and caregivers nationwide with the tools and knowledge to practice, teach, and advocate for humane care for cats in their own communities. From a headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, Alley Cat Allies’ staff of over 40 people provides the national voice for cats and the millions of Americans that value cats’ lives.
Alley Cat Allies is seeking an office dynamo! If you take pride in doing things right the first time and have a sound beginner’s background in a variety of areas, this entry-level position is the job for you. We’re looking for an articulate, positive upbeat person with strong support skills, initiative, and the ability to learn quickly.
The Development Administrative Assistant plays an important role supporting the work of a dynamic development team at Alley Cat Allies.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Some college preferred
- Minimum one year of high-volume data entry experience
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience balancing multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Flexibility and willingness and desire to take initiative
- Ability to problem-solve and maintain confidentiality
- Process contributions and acknowledgements with speed and accuracy
- Conduct basic data searches and update database records
- Respond cordially to routine inquiries
- Maintain complete electronic and hard files
- Help development staff with mailings, projects and events
- Perform data entry and other administrative tasks as needed
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your current or most recent salary information, and indicate where you heard about this job.