Raiser’s Edge/SalesForce Analyst
Alley Cat Allies is the only national advocacy organization dedicated to the protection and humane treatment of cats.
An engine for social change, Alley Cat Allies was the first organization to introduce and advocate for humane methods of feral cat care, particularly Trap-Neuter-Return, in the American animal protection community. By establishing and promoting standards of care, our organization has brought humane treatment of cats into the national spotlight, now embraced by major cities and animal protection organizations coast to coast.
Today, more than 500,000 supporters look to Alley Cat Allies for leadership in the movement to protect cats’ lives. We promote progressive policies for cats in communities all over America and we work towards a world that values the lives of all animals. Our two decades of experience in grassroots organizing, hands-on activism, and education has empowered policymakers, veterinarians, nonprofit and volunteer groups, activists, and caregivers nationwide with the tools and knowledge to practice, teach, and advocate for humane care for cats in their own communities. From a headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, Alley Cat Allies’ staff of over 40 people provides the national voice for cats and the millions of Americans that value cats’ lives.
The Raiser’s Edge/SalesForce Analyst works with the Business Analyst to administer and maintain the organization’s databases, and to develop solutions to address future data needs as required. In addition to routine database management; the candidate will also provide support during transitional periods when database implementations or upgrades take place. The Raiser’s Edge/SalesForce Analyst will work in both The Raiser’s Edge, and SalesForce platforms; and should have a strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and data management/CRM systems, with a keen interest in expanding their knowledge and skillset as internal systems and practices evolve.
- Perform routine database maintenance tasks in both Raiser’s Edge and SalesForce.com.
- Run database queries and reports as requested in a timely and accurate manner.
- Import data from multiple external systems and sources into Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist in developing new tracking and reporting to support organizational programs in partnership with stakeholders and technology.
- Conduct miscellaneous data research and reporting as needed for organizational activities.
- Conduct data hygiene and maintenance tasks in Raiser’s Edge and SalesForce.com.
- General administrative support duties and tasks as needed and requested.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
- Experience with data entry and database management.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience with The Raiser’s Edge database including familiarity with building queries, exports, and reports.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com CRM preferred.
- Demonstrated speed and accuracy in high volume data entry.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to convey information clearly.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player, while recognizing the nature of a small nonprofit
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative.
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Word, Excel and other software programs as indicated.
- Eagerness to expand skill set to include Salesforce.com and other information systems used by Alley Cat Allies.
- Knowledge of feral cat issues a plus.
- Ability to see and read from a computer screen
- Ability to sit at a work station for long periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely via telephone and in person
- Ability to work around cats and dogs
ACA Organizational Expectations
Each member of the organization is invited to consider ACA’s core principles in guiding their decisions and actions:
- Understand and support the mission of Alley Cat Allies.
- Respect and value those who partner with or request assistance from Alley Cat Allies.
- Manage the resources of Alley Cat Allies in a manner that maximizes the funds available for charitable activity.
- Appreciate the value of diversity and equal opportunity in all work relationships.
- Respect the contribution of each employee of ACA and support colleagues in fulfilling their individual responsibilities.
- Appreciate differences in perspectives and points of view and work collaboratively with colleagues toward shared goals and objectives.
- Commit time to ACA activities and conversations that strengthen ACA’s culture and optimize its effectiveness.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.