The Web Producer produces and manages Alley Cat Allies’ website and online communications vehicles. The producer is responsible for overall maintenance and ongoing enhancement of the organization’s website, as well as sending email communications such as Feral Power! action emails. In addition to adding, editing, and removing website content as dictated, responsibilities also include creating and managing subdomains. This position also fields any technical issues or questions internally (co-workers) and externally (constituents) in relation to website content only.Within the Communications Department, this position reports to the Deputy Director of Communications.
- Complete all updates to alleycat.org/post all content as requested by ACA staff, always considering:
- Consistency of message (working with the Deputy Director of Communications);
- Specifically identified website goals such as recruitment, engagement, and education;
- Page design, interactivity, site architecture, user-friendliness and technological options.
- Draft some web content, including home page updates and latest news updates, and evaluate and advise on all web content including layout and SEO.
- Work with staff and outside vendors to conceptualize and design new websites and web features or campaigns; create subdomains or work with third party vendors on subsites when needed.
- Manage Google AdWords account with external consultants; work with Deputy Director of Communications to identify successes and create new ads to increase site optimization.
- Work with Information Systems staff to address website usability, eCommunications deployment, and system troubleshooting and optimization.
- Evaluate site layout and information architecture on an ongoing basis to improve user-friendliness. Make recommendations and set up.
- Build eCommunications in collaboration with Deputy Director of Communications and other staff content providers; and online action alerts through convio provider.
- Generate monthly metric reports to analyze site usage and reports on action center and email campaigns.
- Serves as back-up to social media manager as needed.
- Bachelors Degree with at least three years experience with online communications.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Understanding of web usability and design.
- Experience with CMS and CRM; Blackbaud’s NetCommunity, Raiser’s Edge and Convio Luminate, and Salesforce is helpful.
- Experience with WordPress and other website development tools.
- Working knowledge of SEO and web analytics.
- Working knowledge of online social media tools, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to work in a cat-friendly office environment and engage with cats is preferred.
Alley Cat Allies offers competitive salary, medical and dental health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time. To apply, please send resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and applicable writing sample, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alley Cat Allies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.