Information System Manager
Alley Cat Allies is the only national advocacy organization dedicated to the protection and humane treatment of cats.
An engine for social change, Alley Cat Allies was the first organization to introduce and advocate for humane methods of feral cat care, particularly Trap-Neuter-Return, in the American animal protection community. By establishing and promoting standards of care, our organization has brought humane treatment of cats into the national spotlight, now embraced by major cities and animal protection organizations coast to coast.
Today, more than 500,000 supporters look to Alley Cat Allies for leadership in the movement to protect cats’ lives. We promote progressive policies for cats in communities all over America and we work towards a world that values the lives of all animals. Our two decades of experience in grassroots organizing, hands-on activism, and education has empowered policymakers, veterinarians, nonprofit and volunteer groups, activists, and caregivers nationwide with the tools and knowledge to practice, teach, and advocate for humane care for cats in their own communities. From a headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, Alley Cat Allies’ staff of over 40 people provides the national voice for cats and the millions of Americans that value cats’ lives.
The Information System Manager takes a hands-on approach to implementing and maintaining information system solutions to achieve organizational goals. This role has a heavy emphasis on supporting and expanding the use of the Salesforce.com platform, and integrating with The Raiser’s Edge donor database and Convio. The ability to effectively manage work across a variety of projects and support requests is a must.
- Proactively engage colleagues to determine their business needs and use data management systems to support them
- Meet the requirements of a wide variety of stakeholders, and work with users to manage and improve adoption of the information system solutions
- Document information system requirements for internal review and communication to external vendors
- Liaison with external vendors involved in implementing and supporting business solutions and troubleshoot support issues as needed
- Lead projects that involve the implementation of new functionality in Salesforce.com, including oversight of third party Salesforce.com consultants
- Configure and maintain the Salesforce.com platform to meet organizational needs
- Perform any needed administration and maintenance of the organization’s Salesforce.com instance(s) and third-party applications built on the platform, including ensuring data backup, appropriate documentation, data de-duplication, user administration and training, imports/exports, etc.
- Generate views, reports and dashboards to meet reporting needs of multiple departments and individuals
- Create reports and tracking for special projects and programs
- Conduct data research and reporting as needed for Programs Department activities
- Supervise and provide back-up entry support for the Data Entry Associate
- Conduct data hygiene and maintenance
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed to support the Chief Information Officer, IT team, directors and staff of Alley Cat Allies
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator required. Certified Advanced Administrator, Certified Sales Cloud Consultant, and/or Certified Service Cloud Consultant are preferred
- 3 years prior experience in a similar role
- Project management experience, especially in non-profit environment, is preferred.
- Experience with data entry and database management; knowledge of CRM preferred.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other development database platforms
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Word, Excel and other software programs as indicated
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; extensive relevant experience may be partially substituted for educational requirement
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to articulate, define, educate required
- Customer service attitude required
- Ability to manage priorities and efforts across multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to see and read from a computer screen
- Ability to sit at a work station for long periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely via telephone and in person
- Ability to work around cats and dogs
ACA Organizational Expectations
Each member of the organization is invited to consider ACA’s core principles in guiding their decisions and actions:
- Understand and support the mission of Alley Cat Allies.
- Respect and value those who partner with or request assistance from Alley Cat Allies.
- Manage the resources of Alley Cat Allies in a manner that maximizes the funds available for charitable activity.
- Appreciate the value of diversity and equal opportunity in all work relationships.
- Respect the contribution of each employee of ACA and support colleagues in fulfilling their individual responsibilities.
- Appreciate differences in perspectives and points of view and work collaboratively with colleagues toward shared goals and objectives.
- Commit time to ACA activities and conversations that strengthen ACA’s culture and optimize its effectiveness.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.