Join the movement to protect cats
Sign up for our mailing list and learn how you can help us win the battle against unnecessary killing of cats. Sign up now »
Community Engagement Coordinator
The Community Engagement Coordinator provides logistical and strategic support to the team responsible for recommending and planning the activities, conferences, webinars, workshops, various campaigns, volunteer program and other outreach events Alley Cat Allies participates in or hosts. The Community Engagement Coordinator provides research, recommendations and logistical support for event participation, including assembling and shipping materials, making travel arrangements, scheduling and booking time, researching and documenting details of events, including contract negotiations, recommendations for participation, volunteer and staff coordination and recruitment and developing systems and documentation for all event needs. The Community Engagement Coordinator will also participate at events and conferences as needed. The Community Engagement Coordinator assists in the development and distribution of virtual resources and tools that can be used by local communities and individuals who might not have access to on-site events. The Community Engagement Coordinator also supports efforts of individual campaign and program managers to increase productivity and success of the work on an ongoing basis. This position is also responsible for special project work that promotes and expands the outreach presence of Alley Cat Allies.
- Support department with strategic event planning and participation, including registration, travel arrangements, sponsorship, tabling/exhibiting, and materials shipments.
- Provide support to other internal stakeholders for participation in events and activities and ensure that all resources that are provided to constituents are accurate and up-to-date.
- Assist with the promotion and administrative support of existing Alley Cat Allies’ national campaigns.
- Provide support to the Volunteer program for both internal and external organizational wide needs.
- Assist with the promotion of events and resources as they are developed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with hotels and other vendors to address contract negotiations, airlines and other vendors in order to successfully negotiate donations or heavily discounted services.
- Work in conjunction with other departments to manage volunteer coordination and supervision for events.
- Participate at events and conferences as needed.
- Manage event execution from inception to completion, including, site-sourcing, scheduling, event logistics, pre-event prep, on-site support, and event close-out.
- Assist with correspondence with all contacts, maintaining historical and accurate records, as well as ensuring that acknowledgements for services are handled accordingly.
- Maintain accurate inventory recordkeeping and tracking.
- Maintain departmental records and files.
- Provide cross-training of other department members and create documentation of all duties and processes, to ensure adequate coverage in case of absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Partners (position collaborates with)
- Feral Friends Network Manager, Community Outreach Manager, Community Engagement Senior Manager, Community Programs & Support Director and Community Programs and Support staff
- Communications Department for updated resources and website needs
- Media and Public Relations
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Experience with event planning
- Strong administrative skills, including typing and data entry experience
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to convey information clearly
- Ability to travel regularly, both in the Maryland/Virginia area and around other areas of the country.
- Public Speaking experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player, while recognizing the nature of a small nonprofit
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Word, Excel and other software programs as indicated
- Knowledge of feral cat issues a plus
- Previous non-profit, animal-centric experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness to work long hours at near/during event dates.
- Willingness and ability to represent Alley Cat Allies professionally at a variety of events.
- Must be able to see and read from a computer screen
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulately via telephone, in person, and in writing
- Lifting up to 30 pounds unaided.
- Must be able to travel (approx. 25%).
- Occasional work outdoors.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time at events.
- Must be able to work around cats and dogs.
How to Apply
Send a resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your current or most recent salary information, and indicate where you heard about this job.