Executive Assistant to the President/Founder
Working directly with the President/Founder of ACA, the Executive Assistant will manage the workflow and communications into and out of the President’s Office and support the President/Founder in all aspects of her work. This position requires superb organization and communication skills to coordinate and support the activities of the President/Founder, while facilitating strong relationships across the entire organization and with external contacts and organizations. The ideal candidate will be a highly professional individual with strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication, a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize work, and the ability to anticipate and address the needs of the President.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the workflow and communications into and out of the President’s office, helping to set priorities and facilitate responses;
- Proactively manage the President’s hectic calendar and daily schedule, identifying priorities and ensuring that the President’s time is focused on vital, strategic issues;
- Create and maintain a highly organized system for filing and tracking documents, emails and correspondence;
- Review and prioritize all incoming correspondence/phone calls for the President and respond independently when possible;
- Manage all travel arrangements, itineraries, TripIt, background materials, expense reports and other related documentation;
- Coordinate with leadership and staff to develop and maintain strong relations with important external contacts and organizations;
- Provide support for meetings, including creating agendas and background materials, conference room bookings, setting up conference calls and recording minutes;
- Develop and maintain an ongoing knowledge of the important issues and projects in the organization;
- Assist the President on special projects or events as requested.
Skills and Requirements
- Previous experience providing executive support involving heavy scheduling and travel arrangements;
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage shifting priorities and competing deadlines in a fast-paced atmosphere;
- Excellent attention to detail with strong follow-through;
- Strong and diplomatic communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to be proactive;
- Mature, calm, and professional demeanor;
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player ;
- Experience handling confidential information and employee issues;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative;
- Flexible and available to work additional hours when needed;
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Microsoft Office products, and aptitude for learning new software;
- Good research skills
- Knowledge of feral cat issues a plus;
- Previous non-profit experience preferred;
- Ability to work around cats .
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 8-10 years directly related prior experience.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your current or most recent salary information and indicate where you heard about this job.