Join the movement to protect cats
Sign up for our mailing list and learn how you can help us win the battle against unnecessary killing of outdoor cats. Sign up now »
Direct Care Associate – Part-time
The Atlantic City Direct Care Associate assists the Atlantic City Program Manager in the direct care of cats associated with the Atlantic City program, which raises awareness and educates the community about outdoor cats, feral cat colony care, Trap-Neuter-Return, and the importance of accessible, affordable spay/neuter services. Working with volunteers, the Direct Care Associate will assist members of the community with TNR assistance and colony care support as directed by the Program Manager. Duties include feeding Atlantic City Boardwalk cats, TNR of new cats that appear in the Boardwalk colonies, care and transport of injured or sick cats, volunteer training, coverage and cleaning of PetsMart adoption center, and general program assistance.
This job is part-time and located in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Oversee the care of cats in colonies on the Boardwalk and neighboring areas. This includes trapping cats, delivering food to volunteers or feeding cats when needed, transporting cats, coordinating medical treatment and appointments, and tracking all information about the cats in the program.
- Manage the PetsMart adoption program, including covering volunteer shifts as necessary.
- Train new volunteers in direct care and adoption center activities.
- Oversee the equipment loan program.
- Assist with special projects, workshops, special events, and emergencies as needed.
- Assist with adoptions, including checking references, making calls, doing site checks and transport.
- Travel to Alley Cat Allies national office for training and meetings with staff as needed.
- Represent Alley Cat Allies at conferences as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Physically able to perform manual labor and work outdoors in a variety of conditions.
- Must be able to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Outgoing, positive, upbeat personality and strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to represent Alley Cat Allies in a professional, diplomatic way, particularly with the Atlantic City community, businesses, other organizations, and volunteers.
- Ability to articulate and advocate for Alley Cat Allies positions on issues.
- Valid drivers’ license and clean driving record.
- Experience with feral cat and colony caregiving.
- Must reside within reasonable driving distance to the Atlantic City Boardwalk.
- Must be available to respond to emergency situations and for site visits.
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulately in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Must be able to work an independent and flexible schedule according to the needs of the program.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your current or most recent salary information, and indicate where you heard about this job.