The Web Producer position produces and manages Alley Cat Allies’ website and online communications vehicles. The producer is responsible for overall maintenance and ongoing enhancement of the organization’s website, as well as sending email communications such as Feral Power! action emails. In addition to adding, editing, and removing website content as dictated, responsibilities also include creating and managing subdomains. This position also fields any technical issues or questions internally (co-workers) and externally (constituents) in relation to website content only.
- Complete all updates to alleycat.org/post all content as requested by ACA staff, always considering:
- Consistency of message (working with the Deputy Director of Communications)
- Specifically identified website goals such as recruitment, engagement, and education
- Page design, interactivity, site architecture, user-friendliness and technological options
- Draft some web content, including home page updates and latest news updates
- Evaluate and advise on all web content including layout and SEO.
- Be accessible after-hours for urgent updates and issues that may arise
- Work with staff and outside vendors to conceptualize and design new websites and web features or campaigns
- Create subdomains or work with third party vendors on subsites when needed
- Manage Google AdWords account with external consultants. Work with Deputy Director of Communications to identify successes and create new ads to increase site optimization
- Work with Information Systems staff to address website usability, eCommunications deployment, and system troubleshooting and optimization.
- Research information/best practices that enhance the value of the website. Work to keep the site up to date with branding standards and available technologies. Research available methodologies, software, and vendors to fulfill site and staff-identified needs, make recommendations for implementation, and deploy
- Evaluate site layout and information architecture on an ongoing basis to improve user-friendliness. Make recommendations and set up.
- Build eCommunications in collaboration with Deputy Director of Communications and other staff content providers
- Build online action alerts through convio provider
- Report on monthly metrics to analyze site usage
- Generate accurate reports on action center and email campaigns
- Serve as back-up to Social Media manager; post on Facebook and Twitter as needed.
Partners (position collaborates with)
- This position works will all departments to create and modify all web content including: website, email, events, and PDFs.
- This position assists Communications and Programs with special web projects
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent computer skills
- Understanding of web usability and design
- Experience with online communications
- Experience with CMS and CRM; Blackbaud’s NetCommunity, Raiser’s Edge and Convio Luminate, Salesforce a plus
- Experience with WordPress and other website development tools
- Working knowledge of SEO and web analytics
- Working knowledge of online social media tools, including Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to work under deadline, quickly and efficiently
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Knowledge of feral cat issues and animal advocacy a plus
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred
- Must be able to see and read from a computer screen
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely via telephone and in person
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include three writing samples, your current or most recent salary information, and indicate where you heard about this job.