Development Administrative Assistant
The Development Administrative Assistant works closely with the entire Development Department to maintain donor records and ensure data integrity, handling print and electronic correspondence, and participating in high volume mailings. This position processes gifts and prepares routine electronic reports. It is a primary point of contact for development-related inquiries. The Development Administrative Assistant contributes to the achievement of ACA fundraising goals in a fast-paced setting.
- Respond promptly and cordially to general donor inquiries via phone, mail, and email. Assist with bulk mailings and donor outreach.
- Manually and electronically process daily gifts, weekly acknowledgements, and monthly charges with speed and meticulous attention to detail.
- Conduct basic data searches and update constituent records in the database according to organization protocols.
- Maintain complete and accurate electronic and hard files.
- Perform high volume data entry and other administrative tasks as needed.
Partners (position collaborates with)
- This position screens and forwards Programs related inquiries received through donor contact
- This position provides support to reception with the mail to retrieve checks
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to convey information clearly to a wide audience
- Client focused approach in both spoken and written interactions
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of internet, Word, Excel and donor database systems
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive donor information
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through with an emphasis on accuracy
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative and problem-solve
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player, while recognizing the nature of a small nonprofit
- Knowledge of feral cat issues a plus
- Previous non-profit, animal-centric experience preferred
- Must be able to see and read from a computer screen •
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulately over the phone and in writing
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your current or most recent salary information, and indicate where you heard about this job.
THIS POSITION IS CLOSED.