National Cat Help Desk Specialist
The National Cat Help Desk Specialist provides advice and support to individuals, shelters, rescue and TNR organizations, elected officials and municipal employees seeking help with a broad range of cat-related and policy situations. Inquiries come through a variety of media and may involve complicated and urgent situations. Compassion, empathy and discretion are vital skills required for this position. Creative problem-solving and critical thinking are also essential.
The National Cat Help Desk Specialist will also serve as an advocate for cats and the organization in a variety of settings, exercising the highest standards of constituent care and service, and always operating from the position of what’s best for the cats. Other key duties include: representing Alley Cat Allies in a professional manner at conferences, workshops, and events; and documenting and managing complex information in the data base system. The National Cat Help Desk Specialist will also conduct research on a variety of topics on issues and programs related to cats and the work of Alley Cat Allies.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Experience and ability to assess individual and community needs and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Willingness and ability to take the initiative; proven self-starter.
- Well-developed coping skills, with the ability to lessen emotional distress for yourself and others.
- Ability to address sensitive matters tactfully.
- Active involvement in, and knowledge of, animal rescue and/or animal rights, especially related to the issues facing cats.
- A grasp of the fundamentals of community organizing, and the ability to communicate community organizing and actively participate with time and experience.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work at high-performing levels both collaboratively and independently.
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional programs, data bases and other software and web applications as indicated.
- Must be able to see and read from a computer screen
- Ability to sit at a work station for long periods of time
- Ability to travel occasionally and to perform work outdoors
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely via telephone and in writing
- Must be able to work around cats
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds unassisted
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your current or most recent salary information, and indicate where you heard about this job.