Human Resources Manager
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with strong organizational, interpersonal, and team-building skills to fulfill our open Human Resources Manager position. The Human Resources Manager position is responsible for providing proactive support and guidance on human resources procedures, policies, and best practices to help achieve Alley Cat Allies’ objectives, for a staff of 40. The position is responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, compensation and benefits, performance management, career development, and separations. The position also develops, updates, and maintains personnel policies, standard operating policies, and the employee handbook as required. The Human Resources Manager is an integral leader in developing a culture that continues to support Alley Cat Allies’ ongoing growth and impact.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum five years human resources experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to convey information clearly
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player, while recognizing the nature of a small nonprofit
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the organization
- Proven track record of leading and motivating in a dynamic and growing organization
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Word, Excel and other software programs as indicated
- Previous nonprofit, animal-centric experience preferred
- Ability to work in an office with cats and a knowledge of feral cat issues a plus
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your current or most recent salary information, and indicate where you heard about this job.