Join the movement to protect cats
Sign up for our mailing list and learn how you can help us win the battle against unnecessary killing of cats. Sign up now »
Community Outreach Manager
The Community Outreach Manager works closely with Executive Director, President, CPS Director and Community Engagement Senior Manager to design and organize events, workshops and event related resources to promote Alley Cat Allies to an expanding segment of the public. Additionally, the Community Outreach Manager will represent the organization to various populations as needed to further expand the awareness of the organization’s mission.
The Community Outreach Manager researches, advises and recommends participation of Alley Cat Allies in events around the country that will increase the organization’s visibility and will work closely with the Senior Manager and Communications to develop recommendations for appearances and speaking engagements, including creating speaking proposals by Alley Cat Allies staff and leadership. All tactical, logistical and budgetary details associated with participation in these programs and events are organized and overseen by the Community Outreach Manager, working closely with the Community Engagement Sr. Manager.
This position is also responsible for the improvement and promotion of current Alley Cat Allies workshops and the development and implementation of new workshops and events based on the needs and requirements of the organization and its constituents. This position partners with other departments to create and facilitate webinars / additional virtual opportunities for workshops and Alley Cat Allies events. The Community Outreach Manager, working with the Senior Manager will develop and execute Alley Cat Allies signature events.
This position requires an ability to work well with a variety of departments and staff, as well as volunteers, to create and manage events, and proven negotiating, planning, organizing, budgeting, and communication skills to maximize Alley Cat Allies’ many event and workshop opportunities. Additional requirements include strong presentation and public speaking skills.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate’s degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Events planning or related experience.
- Strong communication, especially public speaking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel regularly.
- Willingness to work long hours, including weekends at near/during event dates.
- Willingness and ability to represent Alley Cat Allies professionally at a variety of events.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Professional Suite and databases.
- Involvement in or overall knowledge of animal rescue or animal rights, especially related to the issues facing cats.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience with planning and managing budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Familiarity with negotiating and understanding contracts.
- Develop approved project plan for every event, obtaining needed information from various sources. Revise and manage plan as required, oversee the coordination of event execution from inception to completion, including, site-sourcing, budgeting, scheduling, event logistics, pre-event prep, on-site support, and event close-out.
- Develop, submit and implement plans to enhance and broaden the selection and content of Alley Cat Allies offered workshops, based on constituent needs and recommendations from leadership.
- Speak on behalf of Alley Cat Allies.
- Provide professional representation of Alley Cat Allies at a variety of events and conferences.
- Work closely with Community Engagement Sr. Manager to plan strategies and tactics for signature Alley Cat Allies events and campaigns, including but not limited to, supporting details of National Feral Cat Day and the Veterinary Awareness Campaign.
- Work with Sr. Manager to create and enhance metrics and feedback mechanisms to evaluate success of events and workshop related activities.
- Manage contract negotiation process with vendors and service-providers for events and workshops, and track invoicing and budgets, as well as satisfactory delivery of contracted services.
- Work with other departments to appropriately promote events and workshops.
- Create documented procedures for events and workshops activities.
- Work with other departments to oversee staff and volunteer coordination and supervision for events.
- Manage, train, and deploy event volunteers as required.
- Work with other departments to carry out planning logistics for events, workshops, and appearances.
- Manage correspondence with all event contacts, maintaining historical and accurate records, as well as ensuring that acknowledgements for services are handled accordingly.
- Regular travel for events and appearances.
- Participate in annual budget preparation.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your current or most recent salary information, and indicate where you heard about this job.