Alley Cat Allies confronts cruelty against cats and believes that every instance of cruelty should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Anti-cruelty laws protect every cat in the United States, regardless of whether the cat is a pet, stray, or community cat. Alley Cat Allies seeks justice for cats harmed in cruelty cases, informs prosecutors and lawmakers, and supports caregivers whose cats have been threatened or intentionally harmed.
Anti-Cruelty Laws Protect All Cats
Intentionally killing an owned cat is prohibited in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Anti-cruelty laws must protect every cat. It doesn’t matter whether the cat is a pet, a stray, or a community cat.
Cruelty Must Be Taken Seriously
Cruelty should always be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Animal cruelty laws were developed not only to protect animals themselves, but also to protect society. It’s long been understood that there is a link between violence against animals and violence against people. Extensive research shows that a person who intentionally harms an animal is a threat to society, whether the victim is a spouse, a child, or an animal. For the sake of both people and animals, it’s critical to take animal cruelty seriously.
Fighting Against Cruelty
You can help us fight against cruelty and make the world a better place for cats. Visit our Action Center to get involved right now.
If your cats or cats you care for have been injured or threatened and you suspect animal cruelty, we have all the information you need about what to do next.
- Violence Has Many Victims
- Anti-Cruelty Laws Protect all Cats
- Trap-Neuter-Return is Not Abandonment
- Audio Files: Trial for Galveston Cat Killing
- Save Loews Cats
- Kristen Lindsey’s Veterinary License Suspended, Not Revoked
- Punishment for Cat-Killing Veterinarian in Texas Too Lenient, Says Alley Cat Allies
- Alley Cat Allies Against Proposed Punishment For Cat-Killing Veterinarian That Would Fail To Revoke Her License
- When It Comes to Declawing, Reality Bites
- Kristen Lindsey Denied a New Trial